September 10, 2011

Lens Makeover :: Colorado Springs Children Photographer

Photographers always need creative ways to help children look at the lens.  As a lifestyle and candid photographer, some of my favorite shots are those when children are looking away or gazing in the distance but I think it's still important to get some shots spot on looking at the camera.  For anyone under the age of 5 - this is sometimes quite the task!  I have many tricks but here's a new one I've added to my bag.  I can't take credit for coming up with this on my own, I found it on Etsy...LOVE that place!  Below are my DIY lens decorations but check out this site HERE if you'd like to buy some.  The one's on the link look AMAZING! Now, don't laugh at mine =)

I used what I had available so some "critters" may not look legit but what maters is that the child will laugh at it.. and my kids had a blast helping!









Next time I have an assistance with me out on a kid shoot, I'll get some pull back shots so you can see it in action.  These were super easy to make and take very little supplies.

scrunchie hair ties, felt, and super glue



Let me know what you think and I want to see photo's of your camera critters or camera bling or whatever you choose to call it.  Give it a try, you can help that child look at the lens!

Happy crafting and photographing!  All images © Photography by Melissa J 2011



Check out my FACEBOOK page HERE and like it for updates, promo's, and sneak peek photos
Also check out my WEBSITE HERE for more info about my Photography

2 comments:

  1. cute idea! I have crocheted a couple for my lenses but this looks so much easier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome idea! I'm going to share this.

    ReplyDelete